Monsters Inc Bulletin Board

For the holiday's I've been doing alot of quick and interactive Bulletin Boards. Now that it's January and no more big holidays are coming, it was time for a change. 

Also it's been a while since I made a character Bulletin Board....
 Characters were traced using a projector and colored with oil pastels. 
To get the crisp lines on the caution patterned floor, I used masking tape to block off sections I did not want colored. 
The tape did pull up some of the poster board paper in a few spots but nothing that wasn't unfixable. 
And a Monsters Inc Bulletin Board MUST have doors... They were hung by using tiny clothespins that clipped onto yarn.
Letters were made on the computer and cut out. They were outlined in black Sharpie and edged with gold oil pastels.

Inspiration for this came from 
In my original design, it was going to say something like, "Don't be a monster. Respect your library books" or something along those lines. I couldn't remember the exact wording I had planned to use so the cliche, "reading opens many doors" was substituted. 


💚💛💜

CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. Did you have a template for the doors or did you free hand it? I have a Cricut but I am not finding anything similar. I'm confident in my ability to do all this by hand but not the small doors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're free handed although I did make templates for myself for the door handles and the grey door frame part. Other than that, I just tried to cut odd shapes out with cardstock!

      Delete
    2. Would ya mind sharing any of your templates for this theme? Or are they available on TPT or elsewhere?

      Delete
    3. The doors are free handed, so I'm afraid there is no template. I just did what I could depending on what paper scraps there were available.

      Delete

Back
to top