Lost & Found Story Time


If you've searched for ideas on the internet about outlining your own Lost & Found theme storytime, you might have run across this Storytime In The Stacks post. Check out the link - I used her "Talk: Faces/Feelings" part (more on that below).  

Here's my outline: 

Good Morning Song

I Wake Up My Hands With A Clap, Clap , Clap

Read: The Backup Bunny by Abigail Raynor
Before reading, the group was encouraged to pay attention to Max's emotions. After the book, we would share and name a few of those different emotions. 

Faces & Feelings Chat
This was my bit inspired by Storytime in the Stacks.

For this, I printed off 7 different emotions to put on the magnet board and identified them. In the book we read, Max loses his beloved stuffed bunny so we talked about how when we lose important things, we feel a lot of different ways/emotions.  

These are the pictures I used. Taken from google. 

If You're Happy & You Know It
Playing on the emotions, we made angry face, bit our nails and pretended to be worried, pouted and made frustrated groans. 

Read: Daisy Gets Lost by Chris Raschka
Still practicing our skills at reading expressions and body language, we read this wordless picture book out loud! 

Magnet Game: Little Cat, Little Cat, Where Are You?

Little cat, little cat, where are you?
Are you hiding behind the blue hat?

This magnet game uses different colored hats with a magnet glued on the back and 1 paper magnetic cat hidden behind one. We called for the cat to be found and I invited one kid up at a time to choose a hat to remove. This time, every hat had an animal hidden behind it but there was only 1 cat. 

. . .  I will try to get a picture of this!

Scarf Song: Little Bo Peep
To pull the kiddos back to storytime we brought out the scarves and sang about Little Bo Peep who lost her sheep. 

Dance Like Snowflakes
This is a song I only recently learnt! Tune is Frere Jacques and goes like this:

Dance like snowflakes x2 (wave hands in front of face)
In the air x2  (wave hands above head)
Whirling, twirling snowflakes x2 (wave hands and spin around)
Falling down x2  (wave hands while bending knees to sitting position)

This is making a regular appearance at most of my winter storytimes, which is something new I have been doing. 

Anyway, Happy story telling!


💚💛💜




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top