Preschool Storytime Songs From Youtube

 A collection of some favorite music songs to sing and dance to from Youtube. 

I play these from my phone over an Anker Soundcore.

1.Shake Break by Pancake Manor

Sorry Reggie, I end this song after Lulu's break!

2. The Sit-Down, Stand-Up Song by Rick Goldin


Before this one, I go around the room and ask what everyone's age is. There's a section in this song that calls for different ages to stand up so I know whether or not to include a certain age in my narration to make sure no kiddos get left out!

3. Feel The Music by Jack Hartmann

This one took a bit of practicing to get it right.

4. Rocketship Run by Laurie Berkner

One of my all time favorites!!

5. Jump, Jump by Joanie Leeds

A short, easy song to throw in anywhere. This is a go-to fave.

6. Popcorn by Barenaked Ladies

After several failed attempts of kiddos just not feeling this one, I figured it out . . . Use your scarves, free dance in the beginning and when the music stops, yell "FREEZE" and then of course, pop! pop! pop! POP!

7. Froggy Went A Courtin' 


For some reason, if I'm including this song, the bubble machine is coming out. I don't know why I connect the two in my mind - they're a bound pair. Can't have one without the other. 

8. Rock-a-by Your Bear by The Wiggles

One day, I will bravely pass out puppets for this song. For now, we'll play pretend.

9. All The Fish Are Swimming In the Water by Caspar BabyPants

After SRP 2022, "Oceans of Possibility" I'm burnt out on this one. But click here for the recording I actually use for this one

10. Sleeping Bunnies by Little Baby Bum

Never tried this one in a preschool story time - I've only used it for the itty bitties but it's very sweet and catchy. 

11. When I Woke Up Today by Laurie Berkner


12. If You're Happy and You Know It by Pancake Manor


This one is easy to incorporate in any story time. It's slightly different than original - it has a cute refrain (is that what it would be called?) after each verse. This one is ALWAYS a crowd pleaser so if you're looking to begin using music audio in your story times, I would recommend starting here. 

13. Hot Potato by The Wiggles 


This isn't an action led song so have some dance moves in mind to instruct your group to dance to. . . IMO but this is a cute one.

14. Jumping and Counting by Jim Gill


 An easy one to throw into a story time! Click here for the audio I use.

15. Dance, Freeze, Melt by Mr. Eric & Mr. Michael

A great follow-my-lead song. Use this audio though

16. Shake My Sillies Out

I think Raffi originally did this song but I love this version.

17.  Silly Dance Contest by Jim Gill

This one's a little like "Dance, Freeze, Melt" but chipper - the purpose is to be the SILLIESTHere's the audio I like to use for this one.

18. Driving In My Car by Ralph's World

It's a love/ hate relationship with this one.

19. Can't Wait To Celebrate by Jim Gill

Can't find a video to insert here so just click the link!

For this one, Jim Gill holds a note for an extended amount of time, during which, we keep doing the action he's instructed us to do. I LOVE follow-my-lead songs like this one.


💚💛💜

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top