Snow Story Time


BOOK

No Two Alike by Keith Baker and There Was A Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow by Lucille Colandro.

In There Was A Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow, she swallows the items used to build a snowman but it isn't Christmassy. I read this in January, after the holidays.

SONGS

Quite a few songs for this one! Guess I was in a singing mood when I wrote it. As you sing the first, put a finger on each part of your body.

There's A Snowflake On My Nose

There's a snowflake on my nose, on my nose.
There's a snowflake on my nose, on my nose.
Oh, I caught this little flake, I'll give it a shake
There's a snowflake on my nose, on my nose.

Over my ear
Between my eyes
In my hand
Beside my lips

This next one has made several appearances in my winter storytimes . Not only is it a fun one to dance to, but repeating it throughout the season helps kids learn all the words which makes the singing and dancing more enjoyable for them!

Dance Like Snowflakes (Tune: Frere Jacques)

Dance like snowflakes x2 (wave hands in front of face)
In the air x2 (wave hands above head)
Whirling, twirling snowflakes x2 (wave hands and spin around)
Falling down x2 (wave hands while bending knees to sitting position) 
 
Quick explanation for the next one: The cold lady puts lots of things in her mouth that she shouldn't - pipe, hat, scarf, etc. We talked a bit about safety and how we should only put food in our mouth. 
 
For this next one, before the song, pretend to put a stick of bubble gum in your mouth. Chew it up and blow a really big bubble. Pop that bubble with your hands. Then you can sing!
 
This song is about bubble gum that's very sticky and gets stuck all over. 

Icky Sticky Ooey Gooey Bubblegum

Icky sticky ooey gooey bubblegum
bubblegum, bubblegum
Icky sticky ooey gooey bubblegum
Stuck to me __________ (head, shoulders, ears, knees, etc)

For this one, you can go around the room and kids can pick the body part for the groups bubblegum to get stuck to.

MUSIC SONG

Following along with that same idea (safe foods to eat), we pulled out scarves and danced to Popcorn by The Barenaked Ladies.
💚💛💜




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top