Cars & Trucks Story Time

 

 

I've done several Cars & Trucks/ Transportation story times throughout the years. These books are some of my favorites!

BOOKS

No Honking Allowed and Mucky Struck especially. Stanley is a nice go-to series as well. 

Motor Goose: Rhymes That Go! by Rebecca Colby is included in this because one April (National Poetry Month), I read a few poems from this book. 

Into The Clouds by Margo Gates is incredibly short and simple but it includes words like "over", "under" and "into" which is math vocabulary. 

Construction vehicle fans will absolutely LOVE Get To Work Trucks and I Love Trucks!

 SONGS

I'm A Windshield Wiper  (Tune: I'm a Little Teapot)

 
I'm a windshield wiper (bend arm at elbow & hold hands up)
This is how I go (move arms back and forth)
Back and forth, back and forth (continue motion . . .)
in the rain and snow.  


Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream,
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

Row, row, row your boat, gently up the creek,
If you see a little mouse, don't forget to squeak!

Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream,
If you see a crocodile, don't forget to scream!

Row, row, row your boat, gently to the shore,
If you see a lion, don’t forget to roar!

Row, row, row your boat, gently down the river,
If you see a polar bear, don't forget to shiver!

Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream,
If you see a butterfly, don't forget to smile!


Hurry, Hurry Drive The Fire Truck

Hurry, hurry, drive the fire truck (Hands on steering wheel)
Hurry, hurry, drive the fire truck
Hurry, hurry, drive the fire truck
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! (Ring bell)

Other verses: 
Hurry, hurry turn the corner (Lean to the side and turn steering wheel)
Hurry, hurry climb the ladder (Climb ladder with hands)
Hurry, hurry spray the firehose (Pretend hold hose and spray)
Hurry, hurry back to the station (Hands on steering wheel)

 I'm An Airplane 

I'm an airplane x 2 (arms out, walk in circle)
Flying high x 2
I can tilt this way x 2 (tilt one way)
In the sky x 2

Other Verses:
I can tilt this way (tilt other way)
I can make a real smooth landing (fly and then land for last verse)

I'm A Great Big Dump Truck (Tune: I'm A Little Teapot)

I’m a great big dump truck
full of rocks
here is my engine,
here is my box.
When the crew is ready,
hear me shout,
“pull the lever and dump me out!”
(Dump truck noises)
 



💚💛💜




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top