Get Well Soon Storytime

 

Action Rhyme: I've Got A Cold

I've got a cold (point to yourself)
My nose can't smell (point to your nose)
My eyes are red (point to eyes)
I don't feel well (hand on head)
So I'll drink my juice (pretend to drink)
And go to bed . . . (fold hands under head)
My nose feels better (points to nose)
And so does my head! (point to head)

Use your best stuffy nose voice until bedtime, then for the last 2 lines, use your normal voice. 

Before our poem, we all practiced using our stuffy nose voices by introducing ourselves. 

Song: Herman the Worman

Sitting on a fence post chewing my bubble gum (smack, smack, smack, smack)
Playing with my yoyo.
Doowap, doowap, doowap (pretend to yoyo)
Doowap, doowap, doowap (pretend to yoyo)
And along came Herman the Worman
and he was this big (indicate size with fingers/hands)
I said, "Yo Herman, what's up?"
He said, "I ate my sister".

Repeat verses with Herman getting larger as he eats through the family (sister, brother, dog, mother, father - some combination like that).

This song was included after mentioning how sometimes food can make us sick whether it be allergies, food poisoning or (in this case) over-eating.

Flannel Story: 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed


Freddy the Frog brought our story time clues to help us figure out our theme.

SurLaLune Storytime was a valuable resource for this theme.

💚💛💜



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top