Clouds Storytime


 After our Good Morning songs, we dived into our first book.

BOOK: Cloudette by Tom Lichtenheld

Skipping 95% of the dialogue in this book was a must for me to make it work with my group.

MUSIC SONG: Rocketship Run by Laurie Berkner Band

This song has been getting alot of air time with me while waiting for a successful Artemis 1 launch.

These are the Popsicle puppets I've been using to talk about the launch. 👉

RHYME: 5 Little Clouds

5 little clouds up in the sky
Drifting, floating way up high
When a big gust of wind came blowing through
One disappeared from the sky so blue. 

Before starting this, I passed out scarves and when the big gust of wind comes blowing through, we waved our scarves.

The clouds removed where actually the 5 clues that Freddy the Frog brought us at the very beginning of story time to help us determine our theme. 

BOOK: It Looked Like Spilt Milk by Charles G. Shaw

MUSIC SONG: Popcorn by Barenaked Ladies

Why this song? Because sometimes clouds look like pieces of popcorn in the sky!

A majority of my songs were fun filler rhymes and songs. 

Other books I considered were:

The Cloud Spinner by Margaret Catchpool

Little Cloud by Eric Carle

Where Does Kitty Go In The Rain by Harriet Ziefert

The Mouse and the Winds by Arnold Lobel


Several rhymes could have also be recycled from my Wind story time but I didn't go that route.


💚💛💜


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top