Skeleton Story Time


The primary Good Morning song for our library comes from Greg & Steve's "Good Morning Our Day Is Beginning" song. 

See the words and hear the tune here. For this, we begin clapping together.

Our motions are this:

"Good Morning Our Day Is Beginning" song

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning (clapping)
to you (we point to each other) 
Repeat above once more

Our day is beginning there's so much to do (wave hands left to right, over body like sun rising)
Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning (clapping)
too you (we point to each other)

 After singing "Bread and Butter, Marmalade and Jam" we jumped into our story box to discover the clues for our theme.
Story Box Clues

To open our story box we rhymed, 

A, B, C and 1, 2, 3

What's in the story box?

What can it be?

Inside, was a skull, a skeleton, a bone (Thanks, Egon! 🐶) and an envelope with the letter "S" in it.

The group determined nearly instantly that our theme was "skeletons". 

BOOK: Dem Bones by Bob Barner

MUSIC SONG: Dem Bones by Super Simple Songs


 We talked a little about how every part of our body has a name, even our insides too. The group began listed a few that they knew of which set me up perfectly for our next song which mis-named parts of our body. 

 SONG: "Nicky Nacky Nocky Noo"

My hand on myself (point to forehead)
What is this here? (arms out questioning)
This is my sweat boxer my mother dear.
Sweat boxer, sweat boxer (point to forehead again)
Nicky Nacky Nocky Noo (alternate patting each leg on every syllable)
That's what I learned at the zoo today. (fist in the air)

Other verses . . . 

Eye blinker (eyes)
Nose blower (nose)
Milk pusher (upper lip)
Chin chopper (chin)
Chest thumper (heart)
Bread basket (tummy)
Knee bender (knee)
Foot stomper (foot)

Credit: Childhood Camp Song

This is a cumulative song. During line 4, for every body part you add, you continue to sing the previous. 

So by the end you will sing, "Foot stomper, knee bender, bread basket, chest thumper, chin chomper, milk pusher, nose blower, eye blinker, sweat boxer, Nicky Nacky Nocky Noo. That's what I learned at the zoo today."

SONG: "Parts That Bend"

Sung to: "B-I-N-G-O" 

My arms have parts that bend and move
Every time I use them.
Shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand x 3
And this is how I move them!

 

My legs have parts that bend and move
Every time I use them
Knee, ankle, heel and foot x3
And this is how I move them!


My trunk has parts that bend and move
Every time I use them
Neck, back, waist and hips x 3
And this is how I move them!

 

My body has parts that bend and move
Every time I use them
Shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
Knee, ankle, heel and foot
Neck, back, waist and hips
And this is how I move them!

Credit: LiBrionyian

Guessing Game: There's Something In the Graveyard

There's something in the graveyard

Oh, what can it be?

Hear it's spooky sound. 

Let's guess and we'll see

For this one, I collected puppets and hid them inside a box. After we said our rhyme, I'd make a noise, the group would guess and them I'd reveal the puppet. 

We had an owl, crow, wolf, Santa (hey! He's not supposed to be in the graveyard!) and a witch.

💚💛💜


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top