Up, Up and Away Story Time

 

Originally this was "Let's Go Flying" with a kite theme but it changed over the course of its creation. 

BOOK

Stuck by Oliver Jeffers and A Friend For Ghost by Suzanne Kaufman. 

One little boy greatly enjoyed Stuck but several of the parents enjoyed the latter, which was checked out directly following storytime

RHYME

This rhyme was done towards the end. Scarves were passed out and kids were instructed to wave their scarves in the air for the line "the wind blew hard" and to make wind noises for the line "the wind blew loud".

5 Little Kites

Way up high in the sky so blue
5 little kites flew and flew.
The wind blew hard and the wind blew loud
And the wind blew the green kite off to the clouds.

SCARF SONG

With our scarves out, we sang a generic scarf song.

My Scarf Goes Up and Down (Tune: The Farmer in the Dell)

My scarf goes up and down
My scarf goes up and down
Heigh ho, the derry-o
My scarf goes up and down.

My scarf goes in a circle
My scarf goes in and out

I asked the group how else our scarves could fly. They came up with 2 new verses.
My scarf goes in a triangle
My scarf goes in a square

MUSIC SONG

Lastly, we danced with our scarves to Julie Andrews, "Let's Go Fly A Kite" from the Mary Poppins movie. 


💚💛💜




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top