Thanksgiving Mobile Craft

 


This Thanksgiving Mobile is a fun little craft for kids to put together over the Thanksgiving holiday. 

My idea behind this was that kids could be do this with family at Grandma's or at Aunt Joan's or where ever you go to celebrate Thanksgiving. 

PREP

To prep this craft, I printed off holiday inspired clipart onto white cardstock and cut them out. 

It also uses 4 strips of yarn, and requires you to find a stick from the yard.

Here is what my example craft looks like! 
👉👉👉

How To Complete The Craft

There are 2 ways that your kiddos can fill out these images. 

Option 1: Your kiddo can write what they're thankful for on each image, coming up with a total of 8 different things.

Option 2: Your kiddo can take the cardstock images around the house at Thanksgiving and ask each family member to write something they're thankful for on a card.

As an added element, they could even say that no 2 family members can write the same thing! 

After filling out the cards, kids can color them. Attach the yarn to the stick and then attach the cards to the yarn as pictured above.

And that's it!

A word of warning...

I prepped 50 of these for my library kiddos which was actually a LOT of cutting. 

So if you have volunteers and need something for them to do, this may be the craft your looking for!

No PDF for this craft. Here are my JPEGS. I printed 3 turkeys to one sheet.

All the other images were printed out on a single sheet.


So for these, I would print out 1 sheet of turkeys to every 3 sheets of Thanksgiving images.

This is my instruction sheet I included in the packet.


Just for fun, instead of filling out my Thanksgiving mobile as I, me, Anna would, I filled it out as if I was Charlie Brown. 

My coworker helped me come up with a list of all the things Charlie Brown would be thankful for.

And of course, I made a sign about it...
Maybe you can read what all Charlie Brown in thankful for in this picture! 

He's thankful for Baseball, my dad's barber shop, my friends Peppermint Patty and Linus, Snickerdoodles, the beach, comic books, my family and Snoopy!

That's all I have for this one! Feel free to use it 😃 

Oh! Also, I did not make ANY of these images - the corn, hat, pumpkin, pie, leaf, etc. They were all found on google images and I used them to design this mobile craft. 



💚💛💜


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top