Card-Board Stand Ups


Sometimes you want display items to stand out. One way I do that is by making them stand up! 

Here's my simplest method of making characters stand up for book displays.

Brief talk-through:

1. Print out the image you want to stand out on paper... (these were printed out onto colored construction paper).

2. Cut out your image and trace it onto the card board. Take notice on how your image will stand up. Does it need extra support? My characters did, so I made a flat bottom and used a sharpie to color in the cardboard area that would be seen.

3.  Attach your image to the cardboard. I use a combination of stick glue and tape.

4. Cut a thin strip of cardboard to be the stand that will balance your character. Make a crease on the top part. This will be glued to the backside of the cardboard.

5. Prop up to see where the strip will need to be situated on the backside to make your character stand. Glue the creased top section.

6. See if it stands! 

This method is quick, easy and has never let me down.

 💚💛💜

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Back
to top