Harry Potter Passive Program - Int'l HP day

 

May 2 is International Harry Potter Day. Here are 2 activities that I threw together to celebrate Harry Potter for the week.

Eat Slugs, Malfoy!


For inspiration, I was flipping through Jim Kay's illustrated version of Chamber of Secrets when this idea came to me. I knew I wanted something eye grabbing, right as kids walked into the room and this was it. 

The concept behind this was, if Ron's curse had worked as it should have, Draco would have been vomiting up slugs instead of Ron. 

So for this, kids could color slugs and put them in Draco's mouth. Weird, yes but the kids LOVED it!

Here's a bit more on how my Draco was built . . . 




The second activity was another poster board prompt, my most recent passive program obsession. 

Question: There are hundreds of characters in the Harry Potter series. How many can we list?

There were repeats on the board (I expected there to be) and a few people who were too shy to contribute because they couldn't think of un-named characters (even though I encouraged them to write duplicates) but all in all, this table got a good deal of traffic. 

Undoubtedly, there would have been more participation if I had chosen a different prompt but I wanted to do something different. 


💚💛💜



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top