Matching Train Shapes Game

 This game was designed for a Boxcar Children book spotlight but ended up being its own thing.

For this game, players align cars in order based on the symbol. So the locomotive has a yellow diamond, the next car should begin with a yellow diamond.

As you can see, the car that begins with a yellow diamond ends with a blue arrow. You would need to find the car with the blue arrow next and so on and so on.


Here's a template I made if you want to use my train cars! 

The shapes were had drawn and traced onto scraps of paper.

After I had cut my train cars and attached my shapes and wheels, I laminated these guys. 

This was because I knew I wanted to put them on the magnet board and felt they needed an extra layer of stability. 

Plus, the magnet board was going to be on the floor, leaning against furniture instead of on the table so - hello, baby level. Un-laminated construction paper wouldn't have stood a chance!

After they were cut out from the lamination film, I just stuck some magnets on them and they were ready to go! 



💚💛💜


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top