First Lines Bulletin Board

This interactive bulletin board is all about guessing which first line goes in which book.

It was simple to design and create the pieces for but it did take some time. Browsing shelves for the great first-liners was fun though. 

I chose to spotlight 30 different books that were in the collection. A few are newer, more obscure titles that your library might not have. Others are popular or classics that kids might recognize and have fun with.

CONSTRUCTION

Each first line was printed on it's own half-sheet of paper. 

These were printed off onto colored cardstock paper and cut in half. What do I call them? ... flaps?

I wanted mine to be colorful so I used an assortment of colored paper. Once they were cut, I arranged them in the order I wanted and stuck a little number to the top of each. 

If several kids are at the board, looking at the first lines, then having them numbered helps. 

So each half-sheet was each creased an inch from the top using a ruler and stapled to the board at the very top.

This is so kids can lift the flap to see which book goes along with the first line!

Here are links to the pieces I made:

Click here for the first lines flaps I created.

Click here for the answer inserts that go behind the flaps.

Click here for the answer sheet of what line goes with what book.
 

 As an extra....

I made worksheets that could be taken home or completed here that were for matching the first line to the book. 

Obviously, I couldn't add all 30 lines to a front and back worksheet, so it's just 20 of the more popular titles. If printed front and back, it's 10 lines on the front and 10 lines on the back.

Hopefully it's not TOO easy!

Click here for a link to the worksheet printable.

And that's all I have! Happy bulletin boarding!


   💚💛💜 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top