Columbus Day Storytime .... kinda

For a virtual Columbus Day program, the Christopher Columbus stand-ups were made for a re-telling of Columbus's discovery of the Americas.

They include, the Santa Maria, Columbus, Portugal and Spain. As an activity for the kiddos, I made printable copies for them to take home and complete. 

Click HERE for the printable PDF of my storytelling figures. 

Because of the copyright laws, this program was created to not use any books during. Instead, I pulled from an assortment of children's biographies on Columbus to construct the script used in my retelling. 

Here's a copy of my write-up! 

It's really basic, but hopefully it'll do you some good. More good than it would do gathering dust inside a folder on my computer 😄

Books I used to write this up were.... 

Christopher Columbus and the Discovery of the New World by Carole S. Gallaher

Follow the Dream: The Story of Christopher Columbus by Peter Sis

Discovery of the Americas, 1492-1800 by Tom Smith

The Story of Salt by Mark Kurlansky 


And finally...

 
a poem/ action-rhyme I wrote about his discovering the Americas. 

Feel free to use the printables and poem as you see fit. I'm a little proud of the rhyme 😊 so if you want to give me credit for that on any recorded virtual programs, I'd be honored.

Happy storytelling!


💚💛💜

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top