Harry Potter Book Club - Family Feud and Mandrakes


Harry Potter Book Club's second meeting was so much messier than our first meeting, which made it amazing. This meeting we focused on different Hogwarts Professors through a group game of Family Feud and re-potting Mandrakes.

If you read my first post on our Harry Potter Book Club, you might remember that we're not reading and discussing the books but instead looking at different elements of the Wizarding World. This is because the audience is younger than my previous book club and it would be harder to expect them to read these books every month.

Here's a short run-down on our activities...

DISCLAIMER: I cannot take credit for either of these ideas (Family Feud and re-potting
Mandrakes)

Mandrakes Craft

Cami at The Naptime Reader has a wonderful picture tutorial on how to make these Mandrakes out of clay. I suggest visiting her website for any and all instructions regarding this craft!

To account for time, we did leave out a few of her steps.

For simplicity sake, I printed out the tutorial from her blog to explain to the group what we were doing.

With picture instructions readily available, the kids were able to manage this craft without much intervention on my part. This craft was so self-sufficient, I was able to step back and watch the crafting process. In fact, my main role was just distributing the clay.

This activity does have a bit of clean-up involved when it comes to getting the clay residue off the table.

Family Feud

In lieu of a discussion, we played Harry Potter Family Feud. These questions and answers were pulled from online and when I find the source, that link will be shared here!

A questions/answer sheet was printed off on a sheet of paper for me. Game cards were printed off on card stock. These were sticky tacked to the wall and as kids guessed the correct answer, cards were flipped around to show the answer and point value.

You might notice the stickers in the top right corner of the cards and beside the questions on the answer sheet. These were to help keep the answers organized with the correlating question. Also, each answer card has it's number written in the corner so the answer order doesn't get lost when tacking them to the board.

If I'd had access to a screen in our storyhour room, I would have done this through power point and made it easy.


Click HERE family feud questions
 
Click HERE for family feud answers


I will continue to look for the original publisher of the Family Feud questions.

💚💛💜


CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. I would LOVE your questions and cards for the game! I'm running an after school remote HP fan/book club and the kids would LOVE this! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top