YALSA's Teens Top Ten

I absolutely LOVE that time of year when Teens Top Ten voting comes around! There's something inexplicably exciting about sticking that orange YALSA speech bubble to the top part of a spine on a brand new YA book. At least for me there is.

What's great about this year, is we got to set up the display in our brand new YA area.

At our library we have two separate polls: vote for your favorite book and vote for your favorite book cover. They can choose up to 5 favorites.

In my experience, teens will sooner vote for their favorite cover than book, but it's a way to get their attention and encourage them to try one of those books.

Printing off the ballots on different colored paper doesn't hurt either. It helps prevent confusion when it comes time to tally up the votes.

And while this poll is inside the library, our team has been keeping busy with events outside the building. This means a fun flyer to hand out!

I feel inclined to say that while the YALSA speech bubble is orange, I neglected to take them off all of last years book spines so I might have taken some artistic liberty and changed that color. Just so there was less confusion... I sure hope that's ok!!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top