Where The Wild Things Are bulletin board

When the summer reading decorations are taken down, the children's department looks so boring. The room goes from vibrant colors and exciting displays in every spare corner back to bare beige.

What better way to help this transition than a bright, book-inspired bulletin board?!



The characters were traced onto poster board and colored using oil pastels. Leaves are 3 different colors of green butcher paper -the lime green was re-purposed from the previous bulletin (hurray for re-purposing supplies!)

I started with the monster on the right and worked my way to the big guy. If I had begun with the big guy I probably would have made him smaller. He barely fits in the frame, but it worked out just fine. And of course, I forgot to save room for my letters, so imagination covers 2 lines.

Do you guys start putting up bulletins with your letters or images first? This isn't the first time I've forgotten to allow room for my words....





CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top